Air travel has become increasingly popular due to its many advantages, including comfort and convenience. This has resulted in a notable rise in air travel demand. Therefore people frequently seek out nearby airports in major cities like Port Canaveral. The Port Canaveral region is popular because of its easy access to well-connected airports. The diverse offerings of this Port Canaveralation appeal to various types of travellers, such as adventure seekers, those in need of relaxation, business professionals, and those looking for a rejuvenating escape. This article explores the closest airport to Port Canaveral, focusing on its amenities and offering suggestions to enhance the passenger experience.
What are the Closest Airports to Port Canaveral?
Port Canaveral is conveniently served by Port Canaveral (MLB) Airport, which is one of the closest airport to Port Canaveral. However, when planning your trip, it’s essential to consider various Nearby Airports, including domestic, international, and local options. Please refer to the table mentioned below to get a comprehensive overview of these airports.
Nearest International Airports to Port Canaveral
|International Airports Near Port Canaveral||Distance in Miles|
|Orlando International Airport||46 miles|
|Orlando Sanford International Airport||61 miles|
Nearest Domestic Airports to Port Canaveral
|Domestic airports Near Port Canaveral||Distance in Miles|
|Melbourne International Airport||42 miles|
|Orlando International Airport||46 miles|
Nearest Local Airports to Port Canaveral
|Local Airports Near Port Canaveral||Distance in Miles|
|Cape Canaveal Air Force St||9 mile|
|Merritt Island Airport||10 miles|
What Major Airport is Closest to Port Canaveral?
The answer to the question, what is the closest airport to Port Canaveral is Port Canaveral Airport? MLB is the closest major airport to Port Canaveral which is approximately 42 miles away. Melbourne International Airport is located in the United States. The airport is owned by the City of Port Canaveral and is well-known for providing excellent service to travellers.
General Information About Closest Airports to Port Canaveral
Below is the table that gives you a brief overview of Port Canaveral Closest Airport:
|Airport||Melbourne International Airport|
|Owner||City of Port Canaveral|
|South Bend International Airport Code||MLB|
|Phone Number||+61 3 9297 1600|
Melbourne International Airport (MLB) Facilities
The closest airport to Port Canaveral, MLB offers a seamless travel experience with its user-friendly terminal and attentive staff. The airport features a single terminal building with two levels, providing passengers with various amenities such as dining options, retail stores, and complimentary Wi-Fi coverage across the entire terminal.
- Terminal Facilities: The Melbourne International Airport has a two-level, seven-gate terminal that is modern and effective. The airport offers both a gift shop and a café on the airside as well as a restaurant on the landside. Vending kiosks, a water bottle filling station, a business centre, charging stations, and WiFi are just a few of the facilities the airport provides.
- Check-in: The Port Canaveral airport provides a check-in counter at each of its terminals for passengers’ convenience.
- Dining & Shopping: Travelers at Port Canaveral Airport can enjoy the convenience of sit-down table service at the various restaurants available. Additionally, many of these restaurants also offer take-away meals that can be brought on board the flight. The airport also offers multiple gift shops for your convenience.
Additional Services at the Melbourne International Airport
- Business and conference facilities: Melbourne International Airport provides executive lounges and business centres that feature workstations, high-speed internet, and various essential services like mailing, faxing, and printing. These facilities are purposefully designed to meet the requirements of busy business travellers, offering them a conducive environment for productivity while on the go.
- Banking: Customers have access to a wide range of banking services through Melbourne International Airport terminals, including access to currency exchange, automated teller machine access (ATMs), and comprehensive banking services.
- Lost and Found: To retrieve any lost items at the airport terminal, the office allows you to contact the Lost and Found Support number promptly. Items are typically stored for a period of 90 days before being donated to nearby charitable organizations.
- Car parking and rental: Port Canaveral Airport (MLB) provides various options, including short-term and long-term parking. These options include separate hourly, daily, shuttle lots, and garage parking.
- Others: The terminal provides baby changing facilities, a multi-faith chapel, pet relief areas, and recharge stations.
What are the Airlines Served at Melbourne International Airport?
The Melbourne International Airport (MLB) provides regular nonstop flights to and from 26 Port Canaveralations, including major international hubs. MLB Airport is served by six reputable airlines, namely Allegiant, American, Delta, JetBlue, Sun Country, and United.
|Airline’s Served||Customer Service||Baggage Service|
What International Airport is Closest to Port Canaveral?
Orlando International Airport is the closest international airport to Port Canaveral,. The airport is an international hub in the downtown area of Port Canaveral.
Additionally, Orlando International Airport is the primary airport in the area, catering to commercial and military aviation needs. The airport is overseen by the city’s aviation department and covers an extensive area.
Orlando International Airport Facilities
Orlando International Airport is renowned for its outstanding travel experience, characterized by a user-friendly terminal and attentive staff. Also, it’s well-known for exceptional Southern hospitality. Orlando International Airport has a single terminal building that links five concourses. The concourses in the terminal map are thoughtfully organized for convenience.
Furthermore, Orlando International Airport consistently conducts passenger opinion surveys. The results are used to evaluate and improve customer service at the Airport. The Orlando International Airport has made several enhancements, including offering free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal, adding more charging stations, and extending the operating hours of currency exchange services.
- WiFi & Charging: Passengers can enjoy complimentary WiFi access throughout the terminal. Connect to the network named “Orlando International Airport Free WiFi”.
- Sanitizer Stations: The Orlando International Airport terminal is equipped with multiple hand sanitiser stations for the convenience and hygiene of passengers. To locate the Hand Sanitizer Station, refer to the terminal maps and look for the corresponding icon.
- Pet Relief Areas: Pet relief areas can be found within the Orlando International Airport terminal, specifically in the Concourse A Connector (between Gates A1-A13 and A21-A29), the restroom corridor near the corner of Concourses D and E across from Checkpoint E, and on Concourse E near Gate E36. There is also an enclosed room between Zone D and Zone E on the back wall behind the bag carousel in Baggage Claim (pre-security, lower level).
- Currency Exchange & ATMs: Bank of America ATMs are conveniently positioned in airport terminals. Currency Exchange International (CXI) offers reliable foreign currency exchange services at Orlando International Airport. Business, travel, and mailing services are also offered by CXI. These include travel insurance, Western Union money transfers, fax/copy services (with a restricted number of copies), and traveller checks. Stamps and calling cards are available to passengers.
- USO Lounge: The Atrium’s upper level houses the USO of North Carolina’s Orlando International Airport Center. The USO of Florida, Charlotte Center hosts 90,000 military troops, retirees, and their families each year. The centre welcomes active service, reserve, National Guard, retired, and their dependents to Orlando International Airport. It also offers comfortable seating, a vast assortment of reading materials, television, and refreshments. Service members can use free phones and the internet.
The available services for purchase are:
- Dedicated Arrival & Departure Assistance
- Interline Transfers/Connections Service
- Baggage & Porter Services
- Transportation Arrangements
- Airline Lounge Access Arrangements
- Arrangements at the Airport Hotel Business Center, Assistance with Shopping, etc
Additional Services at the Orlando International Airport
- Interfaith Chapel: The Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 to people from diverse backgrounds seeking a peaceful environment for reflection. The designated location for the Atrium is on the upper level. To learn more, kindly visit the official website of the Orlando International Airport.
- Meet & Greet Services: Air General’s Meet & Greet Services offer a range of options to enhance the airport travel experience for airline passengers. These services aim to make travel seamless, effortless, safe, and even luxurious.
- Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Program: Orlando International Airport has partnered with the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Organization to enhance accessibility for passengers with hidden disabilities. Passengers have the option to request sunflower-branded merchandise at the terminal. These discreet items serve as signals to stakeholders in the Orlando International Airport community, such as staff, colleagues, and health professionals, indicating their potential need for additional support, assistance, or extra time.
- Limited English Proficiency: The Orlando International Airport has taken several measures to ensure that individuals with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) can fully access and benefit from the airport’s services, as mandated by Executive Order 13166.
- Car parking and rental: The Orlando International Airport offers a range of parking options to cater to different needs. These options include both short-term and long-term parking facilities as well as car rental services for convenient transportation to and from the airport.
What are the Airlines Served at Orlando International Airport?
|Airline’s Served||Customer Service||Baggage Service|
|Air Canada||+1-000 800 040 1885||1 888 689-BAGS (2247)|
|Delta Air Lines||+1-800-221-1212||800-325-8224|
|Sun Country Airlines||+1-651-905-2737||–|
How Does Melbourne International Airport Work?
What is the closest airport to Port Canaveral? Among the airports near Port Canaveral, there is only one that is conveniently located closest to the city. The reason for its proximity is due to its geographical location. The closest airport to Port Canaveral is Melbourne International Airport, located mere miles from Port Canaveral, and stands as the nearest airport to the city. In conclusion, the estimated travel durations to reach the Port Canaveralation are around 25-40 minutes by bus, 15-20 minutes by taxi, and 10-20 minutes by private car. Furthermore, the airport operates 24/7, year-round.